Monday, December 23, 2013

Banana Blueberry Superfood Smoothie


I was craving a smoothie, so I created this delicious recipe with some things I had in my pantry. I wanted to use a lot of superfoods in order to ensure it was packed with vitamins and nutrients!   

THE STUFF:
1 banana (reserve two slices for garnish)
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup/8 oz. of water
2 tablespoons hemp protein powder
1/2 ounce of cocoa nibs
32 grams/"2 tablespoons" of original Nuttzo nutbutter
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1 tablespoon Navitas Naturals Omega blend
1-2 cups of ice, depending on consistency preferred

Garnish:
1 teaspoon hemp seeds
1 teaspoon chia seeds
4 fresh blueberries
2 slices of banana

THE METHOD:
Throw all the goodness in a blender and blend away. Sprinkle garnishes on top.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment