Thursday, December 12, 2013

Extra Skin


Many of you have asked if I have excess skin, and I absolutely do. When you lose as much weight as an average NFL linebacker, you will have excess skin guaranteed. My obese body stretched my skin so much, so excess skin was inevitable for me. I would never try and deceive anyone by saying I don't have excess skin; if you lost over 100 lbs, you will have some, HOWEVER, my advice is this:


1. Don't let the fear of excess skin hold you back from being a fit person! The skin can be rough, but no where near as rough as being unhealthy. 


2. Lift weights to shape your body as much as possible. You will be surprised how much you can transform yourself. My tummy still has a lot of excess, but I am shaping my arms so much. It's crazy how you can transform yourself.


3. Work with doctors and insurance to fight for removal. It isn't easy, but if you lost a significant amount of weight (100 lbs or more) I recommend fighting for removal, but work on shaping yourself.


Like I said, you can shape yourself SO much with working out. I have posted lots of progress photos and my arms have changed dramatically with heavy lifting. Don't be afraid of skin; it's a small price to pay and being healthy is a much better alternative! Most importantly LOVE YOURSELF!!! Your body is your temple and you must cherish it always

No comments:

Post a Comment