Saturday, December 7, 2013

My Story

Many have asked about my story, and I plan to write a memoir one day, but here is a little background to Alice.

My weight is something I have battled my entire life. I was putting on weight as young as two years old, and each year would get worse. My obsessive cycle with using food as comfort would increase as each year passed, which cycled me into a war with food and spiraling me out of control. At 18 years old and tipping the scales at 400+ pounds, doctors feared for my life. They advised weight loss surgery because my menstruation ceased and feared more severe future health complications.

A few days after I turned 19 years old, I had gastric bypass surgery. I lost some weight initially, but I was still engaging in unhealthy behaviors and stuck at around 200 lbs for many years after. I was still eating bad food, abusing alcohol, and hurting myself in many self inflicting ways.

One day, I said NO MORE and stopped all of the negative behaviors. I realized that not only was I hurting myself, I was hurting the people in my life that loved me and that I loved. Surgery did not cure those negative behaviors. I had to cure those behaviors on my own. I had to look inside myself and CHANGE. That is true fitness and health, which can only be found within.

The past 3-4 years is when I really started making this a lifestyle change. I cleaned up my diet and started eating clean. I made exercise part of my routine. I am proof that even if you have surgery (or use any other supplementation) it does not necessarily make one healthy. 

I hurt myself for many years by eating unhealthy foods and not being active. Even after I had surgery to help me, I was still engaging in negative behavior. I am 30 years old now, and I have discovered over the years that the key to happiness all starts with loving yourself. I discovered that only I hold the power to make myself change.

I weigh around 165 pounds now, but I said goodbye to the scale long ago. I will post my reasons in a future post. I am now determined to eat clean and I am dedicated to a fit and active lifestyle. I want to teach others what I have learned during my life experiences and how to have a healthy life. My mission is to inspire, educate, and motivate the world.

I can't change the past nor would I want to change the past. I believe our past is what shapes us into who we are today. I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks for listening!





3 comments:

  1. So true that surgery is only a tool and it's up to you to change your life. I want to change too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes only you hold the power to change yourself. You can!! Just believe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there anyway you would be willing to talk to me about a weights regime? I need help!

    ReplyDelete