Thursday, February 13, 2014

Chocolate Oats


Chocolate for breakfast? Hell yes! You know that I eat oats every day, and today I was in the mood for some chocolate. There is no such thing as the wrong time for chocolate!! This is just like my regular porridge oats, but I add a tablespoon of cocoa powder during cooking. The exact recipe is as follows:



THE STUFF:

1/2 cup porridge oats (I can't find porridge oats in stores so I buy mine online in bulk off Amazon)

1 3/4 cups water

1 tablespoon chia seeds

1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder

1 banana, sliced

2 strawberries, sliced 

5 raspberries, halved 

6-8 blueberries 



THE METHOD:

1. Add the water, chia seeds, and porridge oats to a small pot on medium high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, whisking constantly. Add the cocoa powder and cook to desired consistency. Pour into a serving bowl and set aside.


2. Slice the fruit and arange on top of your oats. Make it pretty! 


3. DEVOUR! 


You can top your oats with any fruits you like! I don't like things very sweet, but you can add a natural sweetener, like honey, if you prefer! 


Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I have no clue how to contact you haha. Did you want to get coffee in the am tomorrow? -corinne

    ReplyDelete